SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Unix >< DOS text converter
- To: SLUG user group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Unix >< DOS text converter
- From: Jamie Wilkinson <jaq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue Aug 14 12:50:02 2001
- Reply-to: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mutt/1.3.20i
This one time, at band camp, Bernhard L?der wrote:
>can anyone recommend a text file converter running on Windows, that converts
>DOS into Linux/UNIX and vice versa?
There used to be a command called 'fromdos' on Slackware machines, but
that's merely a wrapper around tr(1).
pipe the file through tr -d '\r', it'll strip carriage return characters and
leave the linefeed. Although that's not technically correct, you may want
something like sed 's/\r\n/\n/' but last time I checked, sed doesn't support
newline characters in regexs.
<Balial> This port may thing it's fortified, butt I seem to be mounting
a pretty good assault