Re: [SLUG] Getting Sendmail to work in 7.1

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 10:02:36AM +1000, tom burkart (tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Today, Bernhard Lüder wrote:
>
> > I changed /etc/mail/sendmail.mc
> >
> > DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')
> > DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=0.0.0.0, Name=MTA')
> You can delete this line and it will look at your interfaces and listen to all of them.

I am not sure here, but wouldnt it be more secure to wite something like

 DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=192.168.1.1/24, Name=MTA')

I searched throught he archives (when Is et up my sendmail) but I couldnt
find anything about this.
Anyone?

[snip]

> > You might also need (anyone with any thoughts on this?):
> > sendmail:ALL
> No, unless sendmail supports tcp wrappers.  I don't think it does.

RedHat 7.1 sendmail comes by default with TCP-wrappers enabled.

> > just added
> > FEATURE('relay_entire_domain')
> Just watch out, some of these features do compromise security.

Couldnt agree more.

jobst

--
"There are three kinds of lies: Lies, Damn lies, and statistics." - Disraeli

             __, Jobst Schmalenbach, jobst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Technical Director
   _ _.--'-n_/   Barrett Consulting Group P/L & The Meditation Room P/L
 -(_)------(_)=  +61 3 9532 7677, POBox 277, Caulfield South, 3162, Australia