SLUG Mailing List Archives
RE: [SLUG] Getting Sendmail to work in 7.1
- To: Bernhard Lüder <bl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [SLUG] Getting Sendmail to work in 7.1
- From: tom burkart <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon Aug 13 10:03:02 2001
- Cc: <pmccarth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Linux Sydney <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Today, Bernhard Lüder wrote:
> I changed /etc/mail/sendmail.mc
> DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')
> DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=0.0.0.0, Name=MTA')
You can delete this line and it will look at your interfaces and listen to
all of them.
> and also added this (assuming your network is 192.168.0.xxx):
> 192.168.0 RELAY
> You might also need (anyone with any thoughts on this?):
No, unless sendmail supports tcp wrappers. I don't think it does.
> just added
Just watch out, some of these features do compromise security.
AUSSEC Phone: 61 4 1768 2202
339 Blaxland Rd., Ryde NSW 2112