Re: [SLUG] ADSL with modem failover

<quote who="DaZZa">

> > Having a modem come up and restore your permanent IP *is* kinda useful.
>
> Putting a backup line wit the same IP addresses as your primary, however,
> isn't.

But that is entirely the point. Perhaps it makes things *slightly* harder,
but you have the benefit of keeping your IP address, whether your ADSL is
down or not. Service continues. This makes far too much sense to me.

Perhaps if you explained the greater practical benefits of having your
backup line come up with a different IP address - rather than just saying
"that's bad, mmkay" - we could learn something here.

- Jeff

--
                     I was there when geek became chic.