Re: [SLUG] the way of the future

On 05-Aug-2001 Herbert Xu wrote:
> Dave Fitch <davidf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> have a read of:
>> http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/pulpit20010802.html
>> he starts off talking about M$ and viruses but soon gets
>> interesting and relevent.
> Well the bit about raw sockets is pretty silly.

actually, I'm not so sure that it is so silly. I think you're not understanding
(or just downplaying) the issues / technology if you really think this is just
"so silly". check out the articles at grc.com

   You can release software that's good, software that's inexpensive, or
   software that's available on time.  You can usually release software
   that has 2 of these 3 attributes -- but not all 3.
| Greg Hosler                                   hosler@xxxxxxxxxxx    |