Re: [SLUG] the way of the future

On 05-Aug-2001 Herbert Xu wrote:
> Dave Fitch <davidf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> have a read of:
>> http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/pulpit20010802.html
>
>> he starts off talking about M$ and viruses but soon gets
>> interesting and relevent.
>
> Well the bit about raw sockets is pretty silly.

actually, I'm not so sure that it is so silly. I think you're not understanding
(or just downplaying) the issues / technology if you really think this is just
"so silly". check out the articles at grc.com

-Greg

   You can release software that's good, software that's inexpensive, or
   software that's available on time.  You can usually release software
   that has 2 of these 3 attributes -- but not all 3.
| Greg Hosler                                   hosler@xxxxxxxxxxx    |