SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Speaking of document preparation
- To: Malcolm Tredinnick <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Speaking of document preparation
- From: Laurie Savage <savage99@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun Aug 5 13:18:02 2001
- Cc: Sydney Linux Users Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Thanks, talk about a fast response!
On Sun, 5 Aug 2001, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 05, 2001 at 12:50:20PM +1000, Laurie Savage wrote:
> > Has anybody come across a readabily scoring application for Linux? I'm
> > thinking along the lines of the Flesch scoring component of Grammatik or
> > MSWord. There used to be a lot of public domain versions in the world of
> > DOS that were independent of the document preparation package.
> Have a look at http://www.gnu.org/software/diction/diction.html.
> O'Reilly Net published an article about using these at
> (Note that i didn't just magically have these to hand. The same topic
> came up on the gnome-doc-list a while back -- in June or something.)
Earth Science @ Orange High School
Orange, NSW, Australia