SLUG Mailing List Archives
RE: [SLUG] Debian SIG: Mounting CD's.
- To: "'Andre Pang'" <ozone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Adam F. Bogacki" <afb3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [SLUG] Debian SIG: Mounting CD's.
- From: "Booth, Christopher (Aus) - ATP" <Christopher.Booth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri Aug 3 12:30:03 2001
- Cc: "Slug@Slug. Org. Au" <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
ln -s /cdrom /mnt/cdrom
From: Andre Pang [mailto:ozone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, 3 August 2001 11:16 AM
To: Adam F. Bogacki
Cc: Slug@Slug. Org. Au
Subject: Re: [SLUG] Debian SIG: Mounting CD's.
On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 02:35:33AM +1000, Adam F. Bogacki wrote:
> Eora:/var# mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
> mount: block device /dev/cdrom is write-protected, mounting read-only.
> mount: mount point /mnt/cdrom does not exist
i think on Debian, the 'normal' mount point for cdroms is
"/cdrom", not "/mnt/cdrom". try "mount /dev/cdrom /cdrom"
> but is that unique to RedHat ? Does Debian have another syntax ?
mount isn't unique to any distribution. neither Debian nor Red Hat
enforce any particular mount point; you can mount /dev/cdrom on
/woah/woah/woah/what/is/he/good/for if you like.
#ozone/algorithm <ozone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> - trust.in.love.to.save
SLUG - Sydney Linux User Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
More Info: http://lists.slug.org.au/listinfo/slug