SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Debian SIG: Mounting CD's.
- To: "Adam F. Bogacki" <afb3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Debian SIG: Mounting CD's.
- From: Andre Pang <ozone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri Aug 3 11:17:01 2001
- Cc: "Slug@Slug. Org. Au" <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.3.18i
On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 02:35:33AM +1000, Adam F. Bogacki wrote:
> Eora:/var# mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
> mount: block device /dev/cdrom is write-protected, mounting read-only.
> mount: mount point /mnt/cdrom does not exist
i think on Debian, the 'normal' mount point for cdroms is
"/cdrom", not "/mnt/cdrom". try "mount /dev/cdrom /cdrom"
> but is that unique to RedHat ? Does Debian have another syntax ?
mount isn't unique to any distribution. neither Debian nor Red Hat
enforce any particular mount point; you can mount /dev/cdrom on
/woah/woah/woah/what/is/he/good/for if you like.
#ozone/algorithm <ozone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> - trust.in.love.to.save