Re: [SLUG] Debian SIG: Mounting CD's.

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 02:35:33AM +1000, Adam F. Bogacki wrote:
> Eora:/var# mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
>
> mount: block device /dev/cdrom is write-protected, mounting read-only.
> mount: mount point /mnt/cdrom does not exist

Just to make this totally clear (the other posts didn't explicitly say
this):  you need to mount something on an empty directory[*], and that
directory needs to exist first.  On debian, this directory is actually
just /cdrom.  A good place to check for the standard mount points for
your distro is the /etc/fstab file.

-Andrew.

[*]  Wacky kernel 2.4 stuff notwithstanding (I think you can mount
several things on the same mount point with it).