Re: [SLUG] Dual video cards and X?

This one time, at band camp, Stephen Graham wrote:
>I have a spare video card floating around and was wondering if anyone had
>experimented with running X with two video cards.  Google unfortunately
>failed to helpme find anything relevant.

I just installed a S3 Virge/DX PCI in a workstation, along side an ATI Rage
3D AGP card.  I added a few entries to /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and applied
some magic, and multihead worked first go.

Try the Xinerama HOWTO: http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Xinerama-HOWTO.html
it had all the magic details in it.  You can also see the config for the
workstation I set up at http://spacepants.org/conf/XF86Config-4

--
jaq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx                        http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg
<Balial> This port may thing it's fortified, butt I seem to be mounting