SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Soundcard config. with Mandrake.
- To: safa5952@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Soundcard config. with Mandrake.
- From: Jamie Wilkinson <jaq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun May 20 19:07:01 2001
- Cc: slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: Some Linux Users Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.3.17i
This one time, at band camp, safa5952@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:
>Heya, Linux gurus...a Newbie Question... How can I ascertain
>the type of soundcard (if any) I've got and get it doing it's
If you think you may have a PCI soundcard, you can use the 'lspci'
command, which will tell you about all the cards on your machine. If
not (or that doesn't work) open up the machine and look for clues on the
soundcard itself - usually something like a 6 or 7 digit alphanumeric
code, or if you're lucky the actual name of the card printed on the PCB.
>uname doesn't seem to do tell me about soundcards..
Nah, it wouldn't, that's not its job :)
<Jaq> what's wrong with the default? :)
<jdub> It is poopie.