Re: [SLUG] vim lockup

On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 01:11:53PM +1000, John Ferlito wrote:
> On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 02:56:57PM +1100, Michael Lake wrote:
> > But what interests me is why does it lockup. In my vim here when I press
> > Ctrl-X Ctrl-S nothing happens. Vim is fine.
>
> It depends on your terminal. The lock up is happening because Ctrl-S is
> scroll lock. It's not a vim thing it's just a general vt-100 terminal
> thing. eg it will happen in a console as well. A simple Ctrl-Q should
> turn scroll lock off, or you can try pressing the scroll lock key.
>
> --
> John Ferlito

okay... I'm on to the C-Q to un pause teh terminal. but. When vim is
in insert mode the C-X does something else. and what ever it is it
puts this on the vi mini buffer:

to which my autonomic nervous system responds with a random assortment
of C-G, ESC C-Q's etc. By the time my brain kicks in it's all locked up.

Just thought there may be a universal back out like C-G in emacs.

geoffrey