SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] mutt and urls
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [SLUG] mutt and urls
- From: Mike Lake <Mike.Lake@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed May 16 16:07:02 2001
- User-agent: Mutt/1.2.5i
I have installed urlview to fire up netscape when using mutt.
OK it works but I have to:
* hit Ctrl-b to browse and a menu pops up of all the urls
* cursor to the appropriate entry
* It then asks for confirmation, hit enter
netscape loads it
* I then have to type q to quit the menu
* it asks for "press any key to continue"
Bugger that !
man urlview says nothing about customising it, the
/etc/urlview/system.urlview has zilch in there cept the REGEX and
the COMAND to use and nor does /usr/share/doc/urlview help.
If I remove all the mailto's from the config file's REGEX then I could
reduce the list to something like the following:
Still too long. I just want to, er um sorry bout what I am about to say,
click and get netscape loading the url. Maybe not click with the mouse
really but just have the cursor on the url and use Ctrl-b or something to
fire netscape without the menu.
How do you guys use mutt and view urls ?
I do desire we may be better strangers. -- William Shakespeare, "As You Like It"
Michael Lake, University of Technology, Sydney
Work: Mike.Lake@xxxxxxxxxx Ph: 02 9514 1724 Fx: 02 9514 1628
Linux enthusiast, active caver and interested in anything technical.