SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] ssh question
- To: Alan L Tyree <alant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] ssh question
- From: Howard Lowndes <lannet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun May 13 11:15:02 2001
- Cc: michaelf@xxxxxxx, slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
I might suggest upgrading openssh on the remote if you can.
Openssh V2 uses the DSA key by default, whereas V1 uses the RSA key and I
think this might be one area of trouble.
On the other hand, at the local, try forcing your V2 to use the RSA
key. That might work.
LANNet Computing Associates <http://lannetlinux.com>
"...well, it worked before _you_ touched it!"
On Sun, 13 May 2001, Alan L Tyree wrote:
> Remote version of ssh is:
> bash-2.03$ ssh -V
> SSH Version OpenSSH-1.2.3, protocol version 1.5.
> Compiled with SSL.
> Local version is:
> [alant@sage alant]$ ssh -V
> SSH Version OpenSSH_2.3.0p1, protocol versions 1.5/2.0.
> Compiled with SSL (0x0090581f).