SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Linux Electronic Voting Software
- To: Rev Simon Rumble <simon@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Linux Electronic Voting Software
- From: Richard Hayes <nada@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu May 10 14:41:03 2001
- Cc: Terry Collins <terryc@xxxxxxxxxx>, Slug List <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 08:55:30PM +1000, Terry Collins uttered:
> Electronic voting is a nice idea but I think it's a bit early to go
> headlong into it, particularly for important things like major
> political parties.
Is it any worst (or better) than the false bottom ballot boxes or the
ballot boxes with dodgy seals.
Under the current law once a valid vote is cast and placed into a ballot
box it can not removed from the count.
So, even if there is proven illegality (very difficult) the vote still
The dead will vote often and early!!!
In Queensland, SA and other states abuse is wide spread. Branch
stacking / rigging is the norm just sometimes it is just a little less
Nada Marketing - 113-115 Oxford St Sydney Australia 2010
Phone: +(61-2) 9360 5555 Fax: +(61-2) 9361 0094 Mob: +(61) 0414 618 425