SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Quiet Computers
- To: secretsquirrel_1962@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Quiet Computers
- From: John Ellis <genius203@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu May 3 09:46:02 2001
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
It may be a power supply issue. If the 12V+ rail is
poorly regulated.. the pitch will vary due to changes
in FAN speed.
Maybe you should fit a better PSU/FAN to your case to
solve the issue.
Secret Squirrel wrote:
> The following components all make noise:
> - power supply fan
> - video card fan
> - second case fan (doesn't apply to me)
> - hard drive ("idle" hum and r/w ticks)
> - CPU fan
In all cases, a better quality fan will usually solve
is also variation in fans, so swapping in another fan
may lower the
http://store.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Store
- It's time you had your business online!