[SLUG] Telstra ADSL & Debian vs RedHat

Hi there,

Well I've been using Linux for the past 4 years for uni work and havent looked back. I now plan to go broadband which is just great for the linux box (linux without internet is not that great right?). So I wanted to see if anyone has got ADSL running effectively, and get a judgement of its service. My first preference would be Optus Cable, but this building has a poor management and the network is reluctant too ):

Lastly I have a friend who swears by the virtues of Debian over mainstream Linux e.g RedHat, my current setup. Who will argue his case? I may just change if someone can convince me. ;)

Leviathan

P.s

What is the program that gives those crazy quotes at the bottom?