SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Debian packaging for software
- To: Michael Still <mikal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Debian packaging for software
- From: Jeff Waugh <jdub@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed Sep 27 22:38:31 2000
- Cc: "linux@xxxxxxxxx" <linux@xxxxxxxxx>, "slug@xxxxxxxxxxx" <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.2.5i
> Michael Still wrote:
> * debian packages are called apt files, yes?
> * how do you make them? I've googled, but cannot find anything...
http://debian.org/, and there's links directly to what you need on the left
> * do you submit them to debian somehow once they are made???
You can, but to be the official Debian maintainer, you must go through the
new maintainer process (expect the Spanish Inquisition given that I've told
you about it now). There are also plenty of details about this on the Debian
-- jdub@xxxxxxxxxxx ------------------------------- http://linux.conf.au/ --
Ye shall be cursed to fall in love so easily, and yet be so
cold of heart as never to express it.