SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] User-owned mounts
- To: heracles@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] User-owned mounts
- From: Ken Yap <ken@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon Sep 25 14:53:57 2000
- Cc: Sydney Linux Users Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: ken@xxxxxxxxxx (Ken Yap)
>Give FAT a break, Ken, it was designed to run as a simple single
>user system on a 360K floppy. Perfect security if you keep the
>floppy locked away ;-)
>It is just the inappropriate extension of its use to more
>sophisticated systems that is the problem.
Sure, I know all that too. What do you expect of a single user OS? Then
again, even CP/M had user areas¸ though they weren't full-fledged uids.
The Tandy 6000 had Xenix and multi-user. And Xenix for the Tandy was,
shock horror, from M$. How hard can it be?