SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] User-owned mounts
- To: Ken Yap <ken@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] User-owned mounts
- From: Heracles <renee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon Sep 25 14:43:19 2000
- Cc: Sydney Linux Users Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: heracles@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ken Yap wrote:
> stupid FS like FAT which have to have ownership faked.
Give FAT a break, Ken, it was designed to run as a simple single
user system on a 360K floppy. Perfect security if you keep the
floppy locked away ;-)
It is just the inappropriate extension of its use to more
sophisticated systems that is the problem.
Stay well and happy