SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] User-owned mounts
- To: Sydney Linux Users Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] User-owned mounts
- From: James Wilkinson <jamesw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun Sep 24 15:19:48 2000
- Reply-to: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mutt/1.2.5i
On Sun, 24 Sep 2000, James Wilkinson generated:
>On Sun, 24 Sep 2000, Jeff Waugh generated:
>>That's the bit that doesn't though. Anything I change is kept between
>>mounts - would it be saved in the partition itself? I guess it would have to
>>store info about '/' somewhere.
>Wild stab: I believe uid/gid can be stored in the superblock of the
Nope, wrong. I checked at http://lxr.linux.no/, it's stored in the root
inode of the filesystem, which would make more sense than storing it in
the superblock. Although the superblock stores the uid/gid of the user
allowed to use the "special reserve" filesystem space.
Usenet is essentially a HUGE group of people passing notes in class.
-- R. Kadel