SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] packages and run levels
- To: Ken Yap <ken@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] packages and run levels
- From: Anand Kumria <wildfire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri Sep 22 18:31:07 2000
- Cc: Sydney Linux Users Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mutt/1.2i
On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 06:14:54PM +1100, Anand Kumria wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 21, 2000 at 05:25:09PM +1100, Ken Yap wrote:
> > While it's an interesting and potentially unifying idea to try equate
> > the set of installed packages (to the Debianite with a hammer,
> > everything looks like a nail)
> What exactly is this in response to?
Cancel. Just caught up on the controversy.
> When has anyone said that runlevels should equal the set of installed packages?
Gus did. Boy was he wrong. Good for temporarily service problems but if you
want an automated means to do it runlevels do.