SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Re: Re: Distro Layout / Config Standards (was Re: Debian)
- To: Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Re: Re: Distro Layout / Config Standards (was Re: Debian)
- From: Anand Kumria <wildfire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri Sep 22 18:27:23 2000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-to: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mutt/1.2i
On Thu, Sep 21, 2000 at 08:28:40AM +0000, Herbert Xu wrote:
> Ken Yap <ken@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Ok for the apt-cache, you still haven't dealt with the issue of waiting
> > for a package to unpack.
> The recommended way to disable a daemon (say xdm) is by editing
> /etc/init.d/xdm and putting an "exit 0" at the top. This file is
> a conffile and will be kept intact between pakcage upgrades.
Really? update-rc.d no good?