SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] ipmasqadm portfw
- To: John Ferlito <johnf@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] ipmasqadm portfw
- From: Anand Kumria <wildfire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed Sep 20 03:34:07 2000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-to: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mutt/1.2i
On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 11:20:30PM +1100, John Ferlito wrote:
> Well the name of the command probably anwser my question. But
> anyway, do you have to have masqerading on to get port forwarding to
> work? By that I mean do you have to actuaally masquerade something.
No, but you will need masquerading (CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE), special
modules support (CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE_MOD) and then allow forwarding
(CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE_IPPORTFW) all configured in the kernel.