SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Strange Kernel Compilations
- To: Arthur Barton <arthurb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Strange Kernel Compilations
- From: Ken Yap <ken@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue Sep 19 14:16:40 2000
- Cc: Sydney Linux Users Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: ken@xxxxxxxxxx (Ken Yap)
>The actual problem being, whenever i recompile my kernel (RH6.2 standard
>2.2.14) or even trying it out with 2.4-test4(/7)(/8) it compiles fine, but
>when i add it to lilo i get helpfull messages (on wrong box at the moment so
>havent got exact error :-( ) something like:
>Kernel size is too large.
You have too many features in your kernel to fit into the lower 640k.
Make a kernel that is loaded above 1MB by:
and the rest as usual.