Re: [SLUG] new group server recommendations

http://www.newsservers.net/news_servers/index.html
lists the best.

> I searched on google for new servers and there are lots sure (~100 or
> more). But after clicking on a dozen they all want a registration, make
> a big point about having acccess to binaries and alt groups and aren't
> what I need. I want that that I can learn to use trn with - simple text.

Rightly so: the alt.binaries newsgroups are porn-fuelled and high bandwidth.

Back in 96 my country (India's) only ISP didn't supply a newsfeed.
I searched high and low for free NNTP servers - my favorite was
news.uni-stuttgart.de

Still, it's good to know that these free servers are still available even
after the net's grown so much. Deja news is great for tracking information,
but super *slow*

Regards,

Sonam Chauhan
Electronic Commerce
Corporate Express Australia Ltd.
Phone: +61-2-9335-0725 Fax: +61-2-9335-0753