From: Graeme Merrall [mailto:graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2000 10:32 AM
To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [SLUG] Wierd host in network traffic

Hey hey.
I was wondering what was making my cable modem lights blink this morning
when nothing was running except for bpalogin on our home network. I checked
the archives and grabbed ntop which is pretty funky and started watching on
the external ethernet card.
I've been seeing some traffici to ALL-SYSTEMS.MCAST.NET which I'm unable to
idenify although a whois shows it belongs to IANA so I don't think it's
anything bad. :)
While not being a DNS exxport type person I looked in the root name servers
file and no mention of it there.
Anyone able to shed some light?

Cheers,
 Graeme