Re: [SLUG] ext ascii (127-255)

> for (cnt = 128; cnt <= 255; cnt++)
>        printf("%c", cnt);

(cnt is either int or unsigned char, hopefully not just char ?)

> doesn't seem to work very well. i'm unsure if linux uses a different
> character set to msdos' extended ascii.

Msdos upper chars are controlled by whatever codepage you are
running. It's generally different in Europe to the default.

One character set I've seen a lot in Linux is iso_8859_1 (try man
iso_8859_1).

There is a dos font for X, very useful for dosemu.

I'm sure there are many other people with much more experience
in this area.....

For consoles, try /usr/lib/kbd/consolefonts/, man consolechars
also search around "Linux Console Tools"

Jamie