Re: [SLUG] DOS Boot floppy

On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 12:48:24PM +1000, Bill (billb@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Sorry ifthis is off topic, but I guess all linux users have this problem at
> some time.
>
> I need to create a DOS boot floppy (no problem) which includes the driver
> (the problem) for my Adaptec 2940UW SCSI card so that I can update the bios
> of a SCSI drive.
>
> How do I create a Dos boot floppy including the SCSI driver?

Download from:

 http://www.adaptec.com/support/overview/aha2940uw.html#drivers

  "dosdrvr.exe"

run, and put a couple of "DEVICE=...." as seen in the readme file
in the config.sys file of the boot floppy and reboot!

Voila!

Jobst

--
When the Pope visits a country he really likes, does he french kiss the ground?????????

|            __, Jobst Schmalenbach, jobst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Technical Director|
|  _ _.--'-n_/   Barrett Consulting Group P/L & The Meditation Room P/L      |
|-(_)------(_)=  +61 3 9532 7677, POBox 277, Caulfield South, 3162, Australia|