From: DaZZa [mailto:dazza@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2000 11:14 AM
To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [SLUG] Running SOlaris binaries on Linux?

Folks {Rachel, are you listening? :-)}

I've got really, really vague memories of a discussion somewhere in the
past which may or mayt not have been on SLUG about running SOlaris
binaries under Linux.

My question is simple - is it possible without recompilation? Is there
some form of emulator/translator/API interpretor which does the job?

I'm trying to roll Linux out in a pretty big way at work - replacing
crappy WIn98 workstations with Linux machines running VMWare - but it's
essential that I get a database client which is written for Solaris
running under Linux if I can.

Any replies appreciated.