Re: [SLUG] fwd: Bill Gates on the Next Revolution in Technology Reminder

On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 03:15:39AM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Anyone else going?
>
> Perhaps the SLUG Choir should start rehearsing the Free Software Song.
>
> Penguinillas, it's DEFCON 3, upgrades to 5 imminent.

As a WarGames movie fanatic I can tell you it goes the opposite way.

DEFCON 5 is complete peace-time (i.e. it has never happened to date).

DEFCON 1 is Global Thermonuclear War. (i.e. it has never happened to date).

DEFCON 4, 3, 2 are the juicy bits in between. DEFCON is `normal' status.

Anand