SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] fwd: Bill Gates on the Next Revolution in Technology Reminder
- To: Jeff Waugh <jdub@xxxxxxxxxxx>, slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] fwd: Bill Gates on the Next Revolution in Technology Reminder
- From: Anand Kumria <wildfire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu Sep 7 11:58:23 2000
- Reply-to: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mutt/1.2i
On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 03:15:39AM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Anyone else going?
> Perhaps the SLUG Choir should start rehearsing the Free Software Song.
> Penguinillas, it's DEFCON 3, upgrades to 5 imminent.
As a WarGames movie fanatic I can tell you it goes the opposite way.
DEFCON 5 is complete peace-time (i.e. it has never happened to date).
DEFCON 1 is Global Thermonuclear War. (i.e. it has never happened to date).
DEFCON 4, 3, 2 are the juicy bits in between. DEFCON is `normal' status.