Re: [SLUG] apache and users ~/public_html directory

On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 10:00:54AM +1000, George Vieira said:
--> I have had home users public_html directories working before but this time
--> it's been giving me hell.
--> I am running virtual hosts and enabled the users "UserDir  public_html"
--> directive but for some reason I'm getting "You are not authorized to view
--> this page" in IE. I have tried looking at the apaches docs but can't find
--> anything on this error and why it won't let me view it's contents.
--> I have the feeling it may have something to do with the virtual sits and
--> might not know which site does the internal users belong to but I may be
--> wrong...
--> Can anyone help here?

Hey George,

Not sure if this will help, but I've got somewhat the same setup - I have about 30 sites setup on my box, and only allow userdir's on one of the vhosts.. - the line I use is:

UserDir /home/*/public_html

Also remember that the users' public_html folders have to be world readable for the webserver to get to them (Sounds silly, but I've overlooked that a couple of times.. :\)

Regards,

Damien Gardner Jnr   -  Dip.EE  StudIEAust
rendrag@xxxxxxxxxxx  -  http://www.rendrag.net/
Ph: 0417 055 052     -  Fax: 02 6299 9713
-- Don't bother me, I'm living happily ever after.