SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] StarOffice 5.2 vs Microsoft Word
- To: Ken Yap <ken@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] StarOffice 5.2 vs Microsoft Word
- From: Nick Croft <nicko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed Sep 6 09:49:48 2000
- Cc: Sydney Linux Users Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Ken Yap wrote:
> Off-topic, but I was amused to see one string the software engineers
> missed in anglicising SO 5.1 or 5.2. When I printed out a web page using
> SO 5.2, it put:
> Titel: blah blah blah
> in the header. :-)
I've been using StarSchedule. When I print out a daily-overview or weekly
overview, the footer has the Day of the week in German. The customising
wizard doesn't go that far.
Similarly with dates: the idiot US mm/dd/yyyy order is deeply embedded.
Achtung. Fortunately I work for a German company.