RE: [SLUG] drawing power

Yeah that is about right.
Powering up is a little more, but once its running it only draws about half
an amp.
You shouldn't start any fires anyway, the circuits should trip well before
you can start a fire. Or in an older house the fuse will blow. You should be
able to just keep going until a fuse blows and then you know where to
stop... that is of course if you trust that the fuses will be the first to
blow :/

dave