Re: [SLUG] Linux Web Cams

Daron Barndon wrote:

> Does anyone remember a thread some time ago about a internet capable
> video camera (web cam) that ran linux? A dedicated PC in a camera box
> but really small. I'm after something along those lines for a security
> application. I've searched through the archives but was unable to find
> it... :-(

http://www.axis.com/

We have one here.  It's very cute.

Unfortunately we can't work out how to get a shell on it.  It's
only listening on 21 & 80.  I can ftp into it and look
at files:

pwold011:/home/morton> ftp wolcam-1
Connected to wolcam-1.asiapac.nortel.com.
220 Axis 2100 Network Camera 2.02 Mar 20 2000 ready.
Name (wolcam-1:morton): root
331 User name okay, need password.
Password:
230 User logged in, proceed.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp> cd /proc/
250 Command successful.
ftp> get cpuinfo /dev/tty
200 Command okay.
150 Opening data connection.
cpu             : Etrax
cpu revision    : 9
cpu model       : Etrax 100
cache size      : 8 kB
fpu             : no
mmu             : no
ethernet        : 10/100 Mbps
token ring      : no
scsi            : yes
ata             : yes
usb             : no
irq bug         : no
bogomips        : 99.58
226 Transfer complete.
193 bytes received in 0.00363 secs (52 Kbytes/sec)
ftp> get version /dev/tty
200 Command okay.
150 Opening data connection.
Linux version 2.0.33 (macce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) (gcc version 2.7.2) #98 Mon Mar 20 14:43:22 CET 2000
226 Transfer complete.
96 bytes received in 0.00596 secs (16 Kbytes/sec)