Re: [SLUG] Linux Web Cams

On Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 03:57:36PM +1100, Daron Barndon wrote:
> Does anyone remember a thread some time ago about a internet capable
> video camera (web cam) that ran linux? A dedicated PC in a camera box
> but really small. I'm after something along those lines for a security
> application. I've searched through the archives but was unable to find
> it... :-(

I'm not sure if they've been discussed here or not, but Axis produce net
cameras (http://www.axis.com/products/camera_servers/).  They're powered by
Linux, and you can either upload the images somewhere else, or serve pages
from the camera itself.

The Harris Technology web-site uses Axis cameras as web-cams at two of their
retail locations, and sell them as well, IIRC.

Cheers,
Peter