Re: [SLUG] Allowing users to write to dos partition.

Matthew Dalton wrote:

> Michael Lake wrote:
> > I want users to be able to write to a dos partition .
> > Permission scurrently, when mounted or unmounted are:
> > drwxrwxr-x   10 root root  4096 Jan  1  1970 dos
>
> You can set a general uid and gid for the dos partition with options to
> mount. See the mount man page under "Mount options for fat".

Thats exactly what I needed.

When mounting if I add the option gid=502 like so...
mount -t vfat -o gid=502 /dev/hda1 /dos

then users can write to the disk as they are members of
dosusers group which has gid=502

Thanks heaps.
Mike
Michael Lake
University of Technology, Sydney
Email: mailto:Mike.Lake@xxxxxxxxxx Ph: 02 9514 1724 Fx: 02
9514 1628
Linux enthusiast, active caver and interested in anything
technical.