[SLUG] Re: LPD problems. Connection refused

George Vieira wrote:

>         queuing is enabled
>         printing is enabled
>         1 entry in spool area
>         no daemon present

ps axf |grep lpd returns?

> lpc: connect: Connection refused
>         couldn't start daemon

I've started getting this under KDe on Suse6.4 - it is telling me the
printer needs attention

> I am logged in as root and the jobs will only print if I
> restart LPD from /etc/rc.d/init/lpd restart.

lpd -l , I think, logs everything. Might give you a clue as to the
prob,em.

   email: terryc@xxxxxxxxxx  www: http://www.woa.com.au
       or terryc@xxxxxxxxxx
   snail:  PO Box 1047, Campbelltown, NSW 2560.