SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Home network project
- To: "Doug Stalker" <dougs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Home network project
- From: "Holroyd Engineering Services" <hcceng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue Oct 24 09:16:43 2000
- Cc: "Sydney Linux User Group" <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Nothing certain. How did you establish the dialup? What sort of
> modem? Can you ping teh Ip address you were assigned? Can you ping teh
> IP of the gateway your traffic is meant to go through?
> - Doug
was able to get ppp running through gui and presto my home network used the
linux box as gateway to the internet. Would love to know how I did it. I
might try another linux intall on a lowly 486 which I can put some old 3com
nics and 14,400 modem so I can fully understand the steps.
Thanks for the help