SLUG Mailing List Archives
RE: [SLUG] Home network project
- To: David Zverina <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [SLUG] Home network project
- From: Howard Lowndes <lannet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon Oct 23 14:59:29 2000
- Cc: Holroyd Engineering Services <hcceng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
You can also do it with the pppd by using the demand keyword in the
LANNet Computing Associates <http://www.lannet.com.au>
On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, David Zverina wrote:
> To automatically dial-up when a packet wants to go to the internet you need
> to setup something like diald.
> Alternatively you may just do what I do and manually dial the ISP when you
> want your network connected. It can be easier on the hip pocket if something
> goes wrong and modem dials out once a minute in middle of the night. In this
> case just call your masquerading/firewalling setup script from the
> /etc/ppp/ip-up & down scripts.
> PS: In future can you please resist the temptation to post in html. :)
> David Zverina
> Alt Key Pty. Ltd.
> PO Box 3121, Parramatta, 2124, Australia