Re: [SLUG] types of modems

Lucent based PCI modems will work, *BUT* the drivers are very specific
to one kernel version. (Unless they've released some more recent
drivers)
On later kernel versions I could use it for a text based dialup
(Vodafone Telenotes) but it would crash when I tried to use it for PPP.

If you do need an internal modem, I recommend getting an older style ISA
modem - the sort where you set the COM port with jumpers and you can
then treat it like an external modem on that COM port.

Better yet would be an external.

 - Doug