SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Apache/Proxy not caching Linux client
- To: Sydney Linux Users List <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [SLUG] Apache/Proxy not caching Linux client
- From: Subba Rao <subb3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon Oct 23 01:38:54 2000
- Reply-to: Subba Rao <subb3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I am using Apache 1.3.14 on Linux. The proxy module has been configured for
caching. When I access from Windows boxes, the proxy module seems to be
caching the permitted sites. When I revist the sites, the pages are served
from the cache.
When I try to go to the same sites from the Linux system (which is hosting
the Apache server), the server connects to the actually site. In the browser
I do have proxy pointing to port 80 on "hostname". I have changed it to fully
qualified hostname and that does not stop the server from reloading the page.
Is anyone else experiencing this problem? How can I make Apache proxy to serve
the Linux clients from the proxy cache?
Thanks in advance.