SLUG Mailing List Archives
RE: [SLUG] Reading a Microsoft Publisher file
- To: Dave Kempe <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [SLUG] Reading a Microsoft Publisher file
- From: Michael Still <mikal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed Oct 18 07:52:18 2000
- Cc: Erich Schulz <erich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Dave Kempe wrote:
> > CAn anybody help me get a microsoft publisher file into something sane
> > that I can use under linux ?
> It's not that sane, but multipage tiff probably works in both. Forgotten the
> exact tiff requirements, but windows and linux support multipage tiffs.
> Probably sucks big time to edit. Its about your only hope of preserving the
> look at least decently.
> Of course if you didnt want to edit it pdf/ps works great. Actually.. ps you
> can edit fine in a fiar few drawing tools. Try for PS :)
Multi page TIFF definitely does work on both platforms. You could use the
gimp to edit the images, but the text will now be treated as pixels, not
If you have the Adobe acrobat tools (the bought ones), then you can edit
PDF. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for the open source community to catch
up (probably about 6 months).
Michael Still (mikal@xxxxxxxxxxx)
- Panda PDF Generation Library (http://www.stillhq.com/panda/)
- GPG Public Key at http://www.stillhq.com/mikal.asc