Re: [SLUG] MS Linux gets closer

Howard Lowndes wrote:

> My concern here is that M$ might use its clout to challenge the GPL and
> try to distribute its own "no source code" version.
If this were the case, then perhaps a revision of the kernel license
may be needed?

I can see benifits of having some MS apps ported to linux for desktop
use
but the business model MS operates under a totally closed one, so that
open source as we know it might well be threatened if any challenge were
made on the GPL.

I would think MS needs to tread very carefully in light of DoJ concerns
regarding their business practices.

Kind regards

Kevin Waterson