SLUG Mailing List Archives
RE: [SLUG] Modem recommendation.
- To: "Terry Collins" <terryc@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Rodos" <rodos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [SLUG] Modem recommendation.
- From: "David Kempe" <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon Oct 16 16:53:02 2000
- Cc: "Sydney Linux Users Group" <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Part of my changing my view was as a result of paying for advertising in
> various dead tree directories, with a view of getting new business and
> then finding that many of the telephone calls I received were people
> wanting free support for hardware they had purchased elsewhere.
> If I can say try X, then Y, then Z, thanks for calling, it is no
> problem, but when you find you have someone who is allergic to the clue
> stick, forget it.
ROFL can't agree more with this point! I didn't even pay for a 1-liner in a
big yellow book and its a shocker the people you get calling. They must so
do the rounds. :/
Tho i have had one guy ring up and ask if i knew anything about linux. Felt
like i had to help him then :)