Re: [SLUG] Is this a routing problem?

On Thu, Oct 12, 2000 at 12:01:11PM +1000, George Vieira wrote:
> Did you notice that Neuro has the IP for ETH0 but it's not listed in the
> routing table? I think that seems a little weird... not sure if it's OK or
> not..

I checked my box and it doesn't have the host route either.

I have seen a problem twice now with old isa ne2000 clones where it
would go to sleep, it couldn't be pinged from a remote box until you
generated some traffic locally.

I ended up putting something like `ping -qi10 somebox &` in a startup
script somewhere. Eventually the card was changed and the problem went
away.

--
	chesty