[SLUG] Does X forwarding in SSH work through NAT?

I am trying to forward and X session from a remote machine over ssh onto a
local machine. The machine with the X Server sends trafic via another
machie which does masquerading. When I start the client on the remote
machine the ssh (TTSSH) says "Remote X application sent incorrect
authentication data. Its X session is being cancelled".

A diagram might help.

Remote         Masquerading         Local
Server ------- Server       ------- Server

I am running SSH from the local server to the remote server and running an
XTerm on the remote server to the local server.

Any ideas or should I just given up now. I might try running ssh on the
masquerading server and setting the DISPLAY on its session to that of the
local server.

Rodos

--
rodos@xxxxxxxxxxx | ... the conclusion that the possibilities of computers
Camion Technology | are very interesting - if they could be made to be