Re: [SLUG] USB h/ware and Linux Q

> John Ferlito wrote:
>
> 	Speaking about USB. I've got a GA-586DX MB. Now there are USB
> header pins on the MB but the MB didn't come with the plugs or anything
> and the BIOS doesn't mention USB. Now if I by the appropriate plug does
> USB magically start working?

If Gigabyte took the time to put pins on the board, probably. ;) You may
want to check for a recent BIOS update - I just updated the BIOS on a
machine here and found it booted from CD, which was just what I was after.

And my next post will be about...

- Jeff

-- jdub@xxxxxxxxxxx ------------------------------- http://linux.conf.au/ --

        Ye shall be cursed to fall in love so easily, and yet be so
                     cold of heart as never to express it.