Re: [SLUG] RedHat 7.0 and kernel compiles

Herbert Xu wrote:

> > I searched all the install cd's, the rh doc cd, man pages and the kernel
> > source and found no mention anywhere about how to use the kgcc option
> > for kernel compiles...any hints on where to find it ? *8-)
>
> Find the line
>
> CC=$(CROSS_COMPILE)cc -D__KERNEL__ -I$(HPATH)
>
> and change cc to kgcc.

Thanks, that worked a treat ! *8-)

It looks like it wasn't passing the exact options when trying make
CC=kgcc bzImage before but I now have 2.2.17 working quite happily now.
Thanks to all with suggestions.

I'd still like to know where the hell redhat put the docs for that
little tip though, because I certainly couldn't find them.....