Re: [SLUG] SQL Servers

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000 jon@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Question is, which is worth putting the effort into -
> indeed, is one better than the other ?
If you are after speed and can put up with a limited implementaion - mysql
is your answer.
Postgresql is a very complete implementation - the cost is speed.

When I decided to write some code with DB backend I decided I would put up
with the speed penalty and use the more complete implementation.  Later
when I have a complete product, I will re-evaluate wether most or all
functionality I require exists in the fast one I will change the drivers
to that one...

Anyway, Postgresql 7 is supposed to be a lot faster...

tom.
Consultant

AUSSEC    Phone: 61 4 1768 2202
339 Blaxland Rd., Ryde NSW 2112